eBackpack offers a PowerSchool PowerTeacher grade export format that imports easily into the gradebook. The following method was tested with 188.8.131.52.2 of the gradebook.
Follow these steps:
ACCOUNT SETUP STEPS (ONE TIME BY ACCOUNT SUPER USER)
To get started....
- Export grades from eBackpack
- Choose an assignment folder in one of your classes.
- Click the Assignment Submissions Tab
- Click Export Grades button
- PowerTeacher Gradebook
- Create a new assignment in PowerTeacher grade book (or you can use an already created assignment)
- Select the class, choose the assignments tab, and click the plus symbol near the bottom of the page.
- Be sure to set the score type, points possible, and due date during assignment creation.
- Click on the Scoresheet tab
- Right click on the assignment name and select "Import Scores"
- Choose the exported file from eBackpack as the import file and select the file format type of CSV
- Click the "advanced tab" to review the data and adjust as necessary. Choose your File Score Type, if necessary.
- Click Import.
- If you have imported the scores previously, PowerTeacher will ask if you want to keep your existing scores or overwrite the existing scores.
- All done! The scores are saved into the assignment and the information will show on the main gradebook view.
- An account super user will need to switch to the PowerSchool export format. Super Users can go to Account Settings > Account Management > Feature Settings > Class & Group Controls and switch the grade export to reference Power School.
- CSV Import Customers: The ID from PowerSchool should be set as the SIS Student_Number on student records.
- SIS Automation Customers: Contact eBackpack to set-up the PowerTeacher linked ID field (Student_Number) during import on user records as the grade_export_id.
*WE NOW OFFER AUTOMATIC GRADE SYNC WITH POWER TEACHER GRADEBOOK FOR ALL POWER SCHOOL SIS AUTOMATION CUSTOMERS!
eBackpack is not affiliated with Pearson, PowerTeacher, or PowerSchool and this functionality is provided as-is. The method shown works as of the incorporation of the functionality into eBackpack with version 2.6 of PowerTeacher.